Energy-efficient double glazing installations, designed for you
Achieving the very best energy grade ratings, our innovative double glazing works by having two panes of glass which surrounds an argon-gas filled chamber, stopping currents of cold air entering and eliminating the escape of heat. As it boasts exceptionally low U-values, replacement double glazed windows will leave your home in the Bristol or Reading area comfortable and warm. Not only will they improve your home’s carbon footprint, but our range of bespoke double glazed products will also enhance your home’s kerb appeal, adding value to your home.
A range of double glazed window styles and materials
We can provide you with double glazing in uPVC, aluminium and timber depending on the character of your home. Choose from casement, sash and bay windows. Visit our showroom to get a true feel for the range of colours and finishes, and find out what styles would best suit your home.
Double glazing or triple glazing?
The best glazing solution is dependent on your individual circumstances. However, our modern double glazing provides the optimal performance for homeowners across the South of England. If you reside in a coastal area, or on a busy road then triple glazed windows may be more suitable for you. Read here for a comparison of double glazing and triple glazing, or speak to one of our experts who can advise on the best for you.
- Energy efficiency: Compared with single glazing, double is significantly more energy-efficient and thermal insulation is improved as heat has to work twice as hard to escape. With the highest possible energy rating of A+12 energy rating, it will help lower your energy bills as you will notice throughout the colder months that you will need your heating a lot less.
- Sound insulation: Due to the better insulation that double glazing provides noise pollution is also noticeably decreased for a comfortable inside atmosphere.
- Safety: Two panes are better than one so double glazing makes it harder to break through and as they are sealed tightly it is difficult to force double glazed windows open.
- Less condensation and damp: A common problem with single glazed units is damp and condensation. Double glazing eradicates this due to the internal glass pane being a closer temperature to the rest of the room.
Why choose double glazing from us?
- At Oakley Green we have 20 years of glazing experience in Bristol, Reading and beyond so we are well placed to advise on what’s best for your home. We are so confident that our service is of the best quality that you will receive a 10 year guarantee on both the products and labour.
- Our business approach is friendly and honest with no pushy sales tactics. We are fully accredited so you know you can trust us to get the job done right first time.
- Our windows come in a wide range of colours as well as ‘wood like’ finishes allowing you to customise and match to whatever colour scheme you want.
- With up to an A+12 energy rating brilliant thermal insulation is guaranteed in all of our double glazed products.